The EUROS Embedded Systems GmbH announces the launching of its Industrial IoT Ecosystem (IIoT) build around the Domain Specific Modeling (DSM) technology. The IIoT Ecosystem is offered as a Software Development Kit (SDK), which includes besides the EUROS IIoT embedded suite also an IEC 61131-3 compliant Runtime System (RTS). The latter features direct native code execution, thus providing the advantages of a smaller footprint memory and making this solution also available for microcontroller with restricted resources.
For demonstration purposes a fully functional example was designed and implemented on a reference hardware platform based on the Cortex M4 microcontroller architecture. The purpose of the application is to monitor and display the sensor measurements of the following physical entities:
- Ambient light,
- Pressure and
where, the value of the altitude is derived from the pressure measured by a sensor and the sea level pressure, which is obtained from a weather server.
The EUROS IIoT SDK example comprises the following components:
- NXP Kinesis M4 hardware platform
- EUROS Real-Time Operation System,
- Device Drivers,
- EUROS IEC 61131-3-compliant run-time system (RTS),
- Eclipse-based IDE for model-level debugging and code generating
- Domain Specific Modeling suite and
- Eclipse-based IDE covering project management and model-level debugging.